If you have lost a tooth or multiple teeth due to injury, decay, or trauma, you don’t have to live with the gaps left behind. In fact, you likely won’t want to, since gaps can affect your oral health as well as your overall appearance.
Today, our dental team would like to share the benefits of dental bridges for our patients in Hanford, California dealing with one or more missing teeth. To understand how missing teeth can affect your smile, just take a look at the following effects:
- Your appearance suffers as the gaps stand out.
- Your speech can be affected.
- You are at a greater risk for gum disease as well as tooth decay.
- Your remaining teeth will shift.
- Your bite can change. If this happens, temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) can result if the missing teeth are in the back of your mouth causing uneven pressure on your pearly whites.
Fortunately for our patients, a fixed dental bridge can prevent the problems associated with missing teeth. Unlike removable dentures, dental bridges are affixed or cemented to the remaining teeth in your smile or onto dental implants. What does this mean for you? Dental bridges provide both stability and security when you speak and chew, so you can confidently eat and interact with people without worry.
Depending on your personal situation and needs, a dental bridge can be the perfect solution to bring your smile back! To schedule a consultation with our dentist, we invite you to call Lee F. Peterson DDS at 559-584-8129 in Hanford, California today. Dr. Lee F. Peterson and our team are excited to get you smiling again!