Effective oral health habits involve brushing your teeth as well as flossing before or after to remove food particles that have been trapped and can’t be cleaned away with your toothbrush to prevent tooth decay.
The following dental floss tips can help you enhance your flossing technique and improve your oral health:
– We advise that you floss daily to develop an effective oral care routine that improves the health of your teeth and gums.
– Wind about 18 inches of dental floss around your middle fingers and use a new and clean section of floss each time you move on to a new tooth so that debris is not transferred among the teeth.
– Gently maneuver the floss between teeth in up-and-down motions without harshly pressing on the gum line and causing irritation to the soft tissues.
– Include the area behind your back teeth, where food particles often gather, in your flossing technique.
– You can find quality flossing tools that have the American Dental Association’s Seal of Acceptance, and you can meet with our dentist to discuss the right products for your smile.
Dr. Lee F. Peterson and our team invite you to contact our office at 559-584-8129 if you have questions about proper flossing in Hanford, California, and would like to meet with the dentist.